Friday, June 3, 2011

Last Day of Classes


Last day of classes today and it just doesn’t feel like it can possibly be the end. It’s such a surreal feeling. I mean the whole reason it doesn’t really feel over is because I have to stay so focused for my finals that are between 50 and 60% of my grade, so basically they determine my grade, so I will be studying for 2 weeks…what fun, but I will be taking a couple days off from studying by going to Bondi beach, the last place on my list of things to do before I leave and maybe just spend a day walking around Sydney with a few friends.
            After my first class of the day I came back for lunch. Friday is fish and chips day! It is the only time that I will eat fish since it’s battered fish, some days it’s better than others. There was one day where it was different fish and not as tasty to me, but today was good. I then headed over to campus before class started so that I could meet up with the girls in my math class (Francesca, Vanessa and Laura) and hang out and take some pictures. We went to class together and took some fun pictures in the hallway and in the classroom before class started. I think it was the best start of class we have had. It was also a bit of a workout doing a few bridges before class started.
bridge in the computer lab

double bridge with Laura

Laura, Vanessa, Francesca and me
 Just a quick thing from my day referring to the picture of the 4 of us above: we were in the computer lab before class started when Laura brought up the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Apparently someone in my class thinks we are basically them. For those who don't know what that is, it's a book series by Ann Brashares. They also turned it into 2 movies. I loved that series so much. In fact me and my friend Mercedes got the idea of sending a journal back and forth when I went away for college just to stay in touch from that series. So anyway I guess you can also think of us as that. I kinda like the idea personally. So rather than Laura, Vanessa, Francesca and me it would be Tibby, Carmen, Bridget and Lena (even though Lena has brown hair rather than my blonde hair, but close enough).
bridge on desks

            In class we reviewed and right after we all stopped at my room and I dropped off my stuff and then we headed to the Macquarie Center to go see Hangover 2. This was the first time I was going to the movie theater here. I haven’t gone mainly because it costs $15.50 for a regular movie. At home if I pay that much, it’s for IMAX or 3D at least. I consider $8.50 at home expensive, only because I usually try to go to the show before noon and pay $5 for a movie. When buying our tickets, we even had to specify what seats we would prefer in the theater. Such a weird concept to me as I’m used to first come, first serve. I have to say that this theater was soooo nice for the price. I wish I had brought my camera to take a picture of the theater. When I walked into the theater, I saw a seating chart right at the front on the wall so that you could find your seat number before heading all the way into the theater. The aisles were marked by a letter on the floor and then the seat number was marked on the cup holders. I thought this was so cool! I was probably way too amazed at all of this seeing as it is normal for Aussies.
The floor of the theater was all carpeted, so no sticky floors as you walked to your seat. I hate it when I go into a theater at home and you hear your shoe peel off from the floor as you walk to your seat and then it feels forever sticky on the bottom. The seats were quite cushiony and comfortable. The arm rests were even covered in cloth like the seats, rather than cheap plastic. So I guess when you pay a bit more, at least you get better seating because they are able to put more money towards it.
 I had watched the first Hangover during last weekend to prepare to see the second and personally I liked the second one more than the first. It was a ton of fun passing snacks back and forth and watching the movie with friends. It was a great way to celebrate classes being over and spend the afternoon, because otherwise I probably would have just been in my room and bored.
As for the rest of my night, I headed to dinner, not that hungry after snacking so much at the movies, but that was perfect because dinner wasn’t that great anyway. I then spent some time talking with friends before heading back to my room for the night. So it was a wonderful Friday and now just 2 weeks of serious studying and I'm done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment