Sunday, April 10, 2011

Coogee Beach - April 10, 2011

Sunday morning I headed to Coogee Beach with my friend and a couple of her friends. We left at 9:30 and caught the train just in time. We took the train to Town Hall and then walked a few blocks to the bus stop and took the bus to the beach. When we first got on the bus, we were stuck in traffic for a while and hardly moved 1 block in 10 minutes, which was annoying and I was hungry but I wanted to wait to eat my sandwich as I knew that it would be my only food until dinner time.
            Eventually we made it to the beach and it was almost noon. I ate my sandwich right when we arrived and it was nice and sunny and 27 C (about 80F). For a while we laid on the beach, then I headed into the water with Leah and Antonio. I was rather comfortable just sitting on the beach, but I didn’t want to go to the beach and not go in the water. The water was cold at first, but I adjusted once I went under and swam around a bit. The waves were fun to jump over and it got deep rather quickly. I wasn’t too far from the shore and I couldn’t even touch the bottom, especially with the waves constantly coming.
I was cold when I got out as it had cooled down a bit and the sun was covered by clouds. I went for a walk up to these rocks and a park area next to the beach because it looked really cool and who knows whether I’ll be back to that beach. I took a bunch of pictures as I was up there and the view of the houses and the beach was beautiful. It was definitely a perfect place to bring a book and sit on the nice green grass to read.

Within 3 hours the weather changed from sunny to very cloudy, dark and dropped down to 17 C (about 62 F).
beach when we arrived at noon

beach around 2:30pm when it started to rain and we left

Then a few rain drops fell and we watched as the dark clouds were moving directly over us. When it started to rain, we huddled up under a shelter spot and got ready to leave. We didn’t have to wait too long until the bus came luckily and it was handy that we had towels to keep us warm and dry from the rain. It was supposed to be sunny until this evening, but I guess the rain showed up a few hrs early.
It takes at least an hour and a half to get back from the beach. The bus ride always seems the longest as you have to stop at really long traffic lights. The trains are so much quicker, but unfortunately do not bring you everywhere. When we got back, I stopped at the grocery store finally so that I could have some food while I’m staying at my friend’s place for the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment