Thursday, February 10, 2011

Exploring the campus day 2


Well this morning I got up around 4:30am my time, because I went to bed at 7pm last night. I wanted to watch some of my tv shows online, but discovered that I can’t because I’m in Australia and apparently my shows can’t come through to Australia, they appear to be blocked, even on youtube, yet I can listen to music videos on youtube just fine, just can’t watch my shows even in parts. So instead I read through a giant packet about my college I’m staying at and their rules. They have some interesting rules such as only doing laundry between the hours of 7am and 11pm, can’t wear pajamas to the dining hall and no hanging out on balconies or in the courtyard after 10:30pm, just to keep it more quiet at night for sleeping.
I had breakfast at the dining hall this morning and then a little later I went over to check out the campus. It is a beautiful campus, lots of trees and scenery, and many places to hang out with people with the multiple courtyards and seating areas. I walked around, found the gym, which of course is completely the opposite end of campus and uphill walking just like at UB. This gym has an indoor pool and outdoor pool. I get a membership to the gym by living in the dorm which is nice.   
I got back to my room just before it decided to rain for about 20 minutes. It was still sunny though and even more sunny after the rain stopped. It’s nice to get some fresh air and sun after being inside at home for so long.

In the early afternoon, I headed to the mall again to explore more. Then I came back to my room and I was ready for a nap, but stayed awake to adjust my sleep schedule. I got my shows to work thanks to Brian’s friend, Kyle J. So happy that I can watch them now!! 
(pictures on facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment